80 Students Increase Online Donations by 164% over the Previous Year.
“The previous year, we used FundMonkey for the first time and were very pleased with the service and customer support. In 2009, we raised around $23,000”, writes Deb, event co-chair. “After four years, we had really dialed in our Bike Ride, so, for our 5th annual ride in 2010, we decided to really push drive the campaign and the built-in credit card donation tools provided by FundMonkey.
“We did several things to increase our online donations.
- Created a weekly contest for the donation from the furthest away. We also gave a prize each week for the person with the most online donations.
- We sent weekly reminders to parents encouraging their promotion and sharing of the Pride Page and pledge codes to their friends and family with e-mail and social networking.
- Held a ‘final push’ contest to help students wrap up online donations.
- Created email templates for parents to use.
- Created Facebook/Twitter status templates for parents to personalize and use
- Online donation information was included in EVERY piece of communication with parents. From emails and messages sent home with the students to information on our school website – our families were reminded multiple times of the simplicity of online donations through our Pride Page.
“Overall, our success was due in large part to the ease of the FundMonkey system. Our families found it easy to request donations from outside our local community without having to ask Aunt Becky in Paducah to write a check, put it in an envelope, mail the envelope and then send the check to school with our students.
“The ease of use, combined with the familiarity of using the event management tools for a second year and our commitment to promoting the online donations, helped increase our online donations by 164% over the prior year.
“Our event raised an additional $1,754 in online donations, pushing our total event proceeds to just over $25,000, an all time record. FundMonkey really helped us maximize our proceeds!”